If you’re looking for Costa Rica Land for Sale, and you want to learn how to build a house, you’re in the right place.
Costa Rica Land for Sale for Cash: The 8 Steps
Here are the 8 steps to find the perfect piece of Costa Rica Land for Sale:
Step 1: Find the Perfect Costa Rica Land for Sale
The first step in finding the perfect piece of Costa Rica Land for Sale in urban areas, or secluded ones, including Guanacaste, is to do some online research.
Expert real estate agents recommend looking into 100 properties before making a decision.
So keep this in mind, and try not to hurry the process as you might miss the perfect piece of land for sale in Costa Rica when you least expect it.
With that said, make sure what area of the country you’re interested in.
And also consider if you want to buy residential land for sale in Costa Rica, or if you want to look for undeveloped land for sale and build a house there.
Step 2: Check the Small Details of the Costa Rica Land for Sale
When it comes to searching for Costa Rica Land for Sale, the first factor to consider is zoning laws.
Costa Rica Land for Sale: What are Zoning Laws?
Zoning laws are the rules and regulations of the local government to verify how Costa Rica Land for Sale is developed.
Let’s say that you’re interested in plots of land for sale in Costa Rica, then you need to check everything related to how this Costa Rica property can be subdivided.
And you can easily get your Costa Rica real estate agent to give you a hand with this info.
When it comes to Costa Rica zoning laws restrictions, these are the ones you’re likely to find:
- The kind of Costa Rica property allowed
- They type of business not allowed
- The height and size of the properties allow
- Location of utility lines
Once you’ve figured out what are the restrictions that are in place for the plot or plots of land for sale in Costa Rica, you also need to verify that the permits come with the Costa Rica Land for Sale,
Costa Rica Land for Sale: What Construction Permits Do I Need?
If you’re interested in Costa Rica Land for Sale, there are certain permit obligations you should look into. Such local permits include:
- Sewer: If you plan to build on the plots of land for sale in Costa Rica, one of the top things to figure out is if there’s enough sewer capacity so you can make a connection. If you’re buying property in Costa Rica, and it’s far from the nearest sewer line, your best bet is to build a private septic system.
- Utilities: If you’re going to need access to the electrical grid or a public water hookup, these are permits you will also require.
- Road access: A number of factors will influence the price of paving a road through the piece of Costa Rica Land for Sale you’re interested in. If you find plots of land for sale that are covered in trees, these will need to be cleared first, and this can be costly. Cleaning a few of these trees is ok, but if the property is full of them, the price tag to remove them can be substantially high.
- Protected Areas and National Parks: Also, if you find Costa Rica Land for Sale that you love, but that’s near a conservation area or a Costa Rica national park, your construction work permits will be limited or completely restricted.
Step 3: Get Financing in Order Before Buying Costa Rica Land for Sale
Before you buy Costa Rica Land for Sale, you’ll need to make a cash offer, and this involves putting a few documents together.
The first thing the seller will want to check out are proof of funds.
The person selling property in Costa Rica will want to verify that you indeed have the cash to cover the down payment and the closing costs of the real estate transaction.
The proof of funds must be shown as an official letterhead from your bank. And the document must include all the necessary details, such as the name of the account holder, the data, and of course, the balance of funds.
Chances are that you will also be required to present a copy of your cash market account balance, a bank statement, or an open equity line of credit
Step 4: Make An Offer In Writing for the Costa Rica Land for Sale
When it comes to buying property in Costa Rica, a simple verbal agreement just won’t cut it.
Instead, any details related to how the value of the land can be affected, this is the info you want to put in writing.
Now, when it comes to the kind of information you want to include on the contract, this includes the location, the number of the plot of land, and also, very important, the contingencies.
Costa Rica Land for Sale: Contingencies
When you’re buying Costa Rica Land for Sale, contingencies are there to protect you.
This means that if anything goes wrong during the inspection period, you will have the chance to back out of the Costa Rica real estate deal, and even get your cashback.
Standard contingencies related to buying Costa Rica Land for Sale with cash include:
- That the plot of land for sale in Costa Rica can pass an environmental test.
- You’re able to obtain a septic system permit.
- You count with a survey that shows the right boundaries and size of the plots of lands for sale in Costa Rica.
- Anything related to zoning regulations
Step 5: Give Deposit for Costa Rica Land for Sale
The next step when you’re acquiring Costa Rica Land for Sale is to give the cash deposit.
This is cash that goes into escrow to really show the seller that you’re a serious buyer.
Important: If you walk away from the current real estate deal, and the reasons why you did it aren’t covered in the list of contingencies, then the seller is able to keep the cash you paid.
Step 6: Get Environmental Tests for Costa Rica Land for Sale
Before finalizing a deal for Costa Rica Land for Sale, you should conduct environmental testing.
This is because you want to make sure the soil is not contaminated.
When you do an environmental test, this can reveal if there’s any earthquake damage present, or if there’s are sinkhole chances.
Another factor to focus on is the moisture content of the soil.
If you’re planning to build a home in Costa Rica, you definitely want to make sure that the ground is fully stable to support the full new structure.
Step 7: Check Over the Title for the Costa Rica Land for Sale
Just like when you buy a home in Costa Rica, liens can be placed on local land, for a variety of reasons, mostly outstanding taxes.
Before you sign up any final papers, make sure that the Costa Rica Land for Sale has a clear title.
When you conduct a title search, you can also find out if there are any particular assessments, easements, or restrictions on the plots of land for sale in Costa Rica.
Step 8: Pay for the Costa Rica Land for Sale
Last but not least, when everything seems in place, it’s time to pay for your new piece of Costa Rica Land for Sale.
After the transaction is final, it’s then time to get your local attorney and real estate agent to help you with the registration process, and any other legal papers needed to finally start building your home in your new Costa Rica Land for Sale.