Here’s a quick how to bet on horses guide. Learn all about the different bet types, and about how to open an off track online horse betting account.
How to Bet on Horses: Bet Types
When it comes to learning how to bet on horses, it’s always a great idea to start by explaining the different wagering types, which are divided into two sections:
- Straight online horse betting wagers
- Exotic online horse betting wagers
How to Bet on Horses: Straight Wagers
Let’s continue this how to bet on horses guide with info on the most common types of bets, known as straight wagers, which include win, place, and show bets.
How to Bet on Horses: Win, Place, Show
- Win: If you make a “win bet”, then you’re betting your favorite horse to finish the race first.
- Place: If you decide to make a “place bet”, then your horse can finish either first or second.
- Show: This is really the easiest of the three types of straight horse bets, as when you place a “show bet”, you’re wagering your favorite horse to finish the race in first, second, or third place.
How to Bet on Horses: Exotic Bets or Combination Wagers
Now in our how to bet on horses guide, the list of exotic online horse betting wagers:
- Across the board: You pick a horse to 3 equal win, place, and show wagers. If the horse you picked finishes first, you will all 3 wagers. If your horse finishes second, you collect on the place and show wagers. And if your horse finishes third, then you get to collect on the show bet only.
- Exacta: Here you need to pick the first two finishing horses, in the exact order.
- Quinella: When you make a quinella bet, you’re wagering on your two favorite horses to finish the race in either order.
- Trifecta: Here you get to pick 3 horses, and they must finish the race first, second and, third, in the exact order to chose. If that happens, you win.
- Superfecta: On this one, you need to pick your favorite four horses, and they must finish first, second, third, and fourth, in the particular order to chose, so you can collect.
- Daily Double: Making a daily double bet means that you’re picking the winner of two consecutive horse races.
Learn how to bet on soccer with these free football betting tips.
How to Bet on Horses: Sign Up For An Off Track Betting Account
Next in this how to bet on horses guide, let’s see how how to open an online horse betting account with an off track sportsbook.
- Step 1. Look for a top off track betting bookie: Do some research and find a top sportsbook that offers online horse betting. Once you do, look for their sign-up form, just fill it, confirm your email address, and you’ll be ready for the next step, which is to…
- Step 2. Make a deposit or establish a credit line: To make a deposit, you need to verify which payment methods are currently accepted by your favored off track bookmaking company. Nowadays, if you deposit with bitcoin, chances are that you’ll get an outstanding bonus on top of your first deposit.
- Step 3. Start betting: Once you’ve made your deposit, that’s it, you’re ready to start placing some wagers on your favorite horses and racetracks from the US and the rest of the globe.
Learn how to bet on sports with this simple online sports betting explained guide.
How to Bet on Horses: Online Horse Betting Lingo
Now in our how to bet on horses guide, let’s get familiarized with some online horse betting lingo.
- Bounce: the poor performance of a horse on the heels of a particularly good one.
- Chalk: when you bet the favorite on a particular horse racing event.
- Chalk player: A bettor who just wagers on favorite horses.
- Key horse: This is a single horse that a bettor uses in a variety of combinations in an exotic bet.
- On the board: When a horse finishes the race among the first 3.
- On the nose: This is when you bet the horse to win only.
- Overlay: When there’s a horse that’s been given odds larger than the horse’s actual potential to win the race.
- Underlay: This is the contrary to overlay, where a horse is given odds smaller than his potential to achieve the victory at the racetrack.
We hope you’ve enjoyed this easy how to bet on horses guide, and we wish you the best of luck with your future picks!