Check out the best Bryan Ruiz Stats. Top statistics with European clubs, and as the captain of “the Sele.”
Bryan Ruiz Stats: Club Awards
- CONCACAF Champions Cup: 2004
- Copa Interclubes UNCAF: 2005
- Primera División Costa Rica: 2004/2005
- Eredivisie: 2009/10
- KNVB Cup: 2010/11
- Johan Cruyff Shield: 2010, 2011
- Taça da Liga: 2017/18
- Supertaça Cândido de Oliveira: 2015
Costa Rica National Team
- Copa Centroamericana: 2014
- Jean-Claude Bouvy Trophy: 2008, 2009
- Player of the season at FC Twente: 2010
- CONCACAF Men’s Player of the Year: 2016
- CONCACAF Best XI: 2015, 2016, 2017
- Goal of the Year CONCACAF : 2014
Check out these Keylor Navas Statistics.
Bryan Ruiz Stats: Clubs, World Cup 2014
Bryan Ruiz Stats: Alajuelense
- Known as “The Weasel”, Ruiz debuted in professional soccer at the young age of 18 with Costa Rican side Alajuelense.
- He became part of a strong attacking unit composed of him, Froylan Ledezma, and Rolando Fonseca.
- His first goal came on December 23, 2003, versus Ramonense, scoring twice.
Return To LDA
- After 3 difficult seasons with Santos, Ruiz announced his return to Alajuelense on July 23, 2020.
- He was close to signing with Twente before returning to LDA in August 2020.
- His goal against Herediano on August 28, 2020, was his first with Alajuelense in 14 years.
Bryan Ruiz Stats: Gent
- On June 28, 2006, Bryan Ruiz signed with Gent, of the Belgian League, on a four-year deal.
- He scored his first hat-trick in Europe vs Lokeren, back on December 8, 2007.
- He finished the 2007-08 season with eleven goals in 31 appearances.
- Ruiz was chosen by team fans as their best player throughout the season.
- Bryan finished the 2008-09 season with 12 goals, thirteen assists in 32 appearances.
- Ruiz finished 2007 as the top scorer and captain for Gent.
Bryan Ruiz Stats: Twente
- Ruiz signed a four-year deal with Eredivisie side Twente back on July 15, 2009, for €5 million.
- This was a record transfer fee for a Costa Rican player. It went above the cash that Ajax paid for Froylan Ledezma in 1997; and what West Ham United and Manchester City paid for Paulo Wanchope in 1999 and 2000 respectively.
- Both South African player Bernard Parker and UK coach Steve McClaren arrived in the team at the same time Bryan did.
- He scored his first goal with the team and on Eredivisie on August 1, 2009, in a 2-0 victory over Sparta Rotterdam.
- He scored for ten consecutive games, with the tenth goal vs NAC Breda back on December 12, 2009.
- Also, on March 27, 2010, he scored a hat-trick on the minutes 46, 49, and 50, one of the fastest ever.
- He crowned himself champion with Twente on May 2, 2010, after a 2-0 victory over NAC Breda. This marked the first time Twente won the title in the history of the club.
- Ruiz finished the season as the top scorer for Twente, with 24 goals.
- He also finished second in goals for Eredivisie for the season, behind Uruguayan player Luis Suarez.
- Bryan also received the honors of Eredivisie’s best player of the season on a poll by Voetbal Magazine.
- He was also named in the ideal eleven of the season, where he shared the honors with Suarez.
- For season 2010-11, Ruiz switched jersey number 22 for number 10.
Here are some soccer betting tips that can help you win easier.
Bryan Ruiz Stats – Fulham
- On August 31, 2011, Bryan Ruiz signed with Premier League side Fulham, for £10.6m and four years, on the very last transfer day of the EPL’s summer transfer window.
- By signing with Fulham, Bryan Ruiz became the fourth Tico to sign for an English side. The others are Mauricio Solis, Paulo Wanchope, and Joel Campbell.
- Ruiz scored his first goal during a 3-1 home defeat vs Everton on October 23, 2011.
- The following year, on April 7, 2012, he broke a foot bone during a match vs Bolton FC at Reebook Stadium. He spent the next ten weeks recovering from the required surgery.
- He finished the 2012-13 season with five goals in 31 appearances.
PSV Eindhoven Loan
- In 2014, Bryan returned to the Eredivisie to play for an old rival, PSV Eindhoven, on loan condition from Fulham.
- His first goal marked a 2-1 victory over Heracles Almelo.
- He finished the season with five goals in 14 appearances.
Bryan Ruiz Stats – Sporting CP
- Bryan joined Portugal’s Sporting CP in July 2015, on a three-year deal worth €2 million.
- He debuted during a 2015 Supertaça 1-0 victory over Lisbon foes Benfica.
- He scored his first goal for Sporting on October 1, 2015, during a UEFA Europa League fixture vs Besiktas.
- Bryan scored his first Primeira Liga goal during a defeat to Benfica on October 25, 2015.
- On January 30, 2016, he marked the 100th goal of his career in Europe.
- After his first season with the Lisbon side, Ruiz finished with 13 goals and 15 assists in 46 appearances for all competitions.
- He finished his second with two goals and three assists in 33 appearances.
Bryan Ruiz Stats – Costa Rica National Team
- Ruiz marked his first goal with “the Sele” vs Honduras, during the 2005 CONCACAF Gold Cup.
- He scored six goals during the 2010 FIFA World Cup qualifier round, but the Ticos were finally left out by Uruguay, after a defeat in the intercontinental play-off.
- He scored three more goals during Costa Rica’s Brazil World Cup qualifying campaign.
- His biggest moment with the Costa Rica National Team came during the 2014 World Cup match vs Italy, as Ruiz scored the only goal, granting the Ticos the 1-0 victory, and sending them to the round of 16.
- He was again the only scorer for his team during a 1-1 regular-time draw vs Greece, which finished in as 5-3 penalty victory for CR, sending the Central American squad directly to the quarter-finals of the tourney, where the team was finally disqualified by the Netherlands, after a 4-3 penalty shootout loss.
When Was Bryan Ruiz Born?
- Bryan Ruiz was born on August 18, 1985.
How Old Is Bryan Ruiz?
- Bryan Ruiz is currently 35 years old.
What is Bryan Ruiz Market Value 2020?
- In 2020, Bryan Ruiz is valued at €800,000.
We hope you’ve enjoyed this piece on Bryan Ruiz Stats, check back for more Costa Rica sports-related content!