Here’s a quick and useful Keylor Navas Stats guide. Check out the best statistics for the most admired Costa Rican sports icon, and recall his best moments in Europe, and with “the Sele.”
Keylor Navas Stats: European Club Awards
Real Madrid Awards
- LaLiga Santander: (1) 2016-2017
- Champions League: (3) 2015-2016, 2016-2017, 2017-2018
- FIFA Club World Cup: (4) 2014-2015, 2016-2017, 2017-2018, 2018-2019
- UEFA Super Cup: (2) 2014-2015, 2017-2018
- Spanish Super Cup: (1) 2017-2018
- Ligue 1: (1) 2019-2020
- Copa de Francia: (1) 2019-2020
- Copa de la Liga de Francia: (1) 2019-2020
Keylor Navas Stats: Clubs, World Cup 2014
Early Years, Saprissa
- Navas began playing soccer at the age of five.
- He trained arduously for years with a small amateur football school in Perez Zeledon, a rough experience that molded his strong will and character, and cultivated his ambition for growth.
- Local Costa Rican club Saprissa signed Navas in 1995, playing for the “Morados” for 10 seasons, and earning six titles before moving to Europe.
Keylor Navas Stats: Levante
- Keylor Navas played a full season with Albacete Balompie, a La Liga Segunda Division team, before making the move to Levante the following year.
- He arrived in Levante as a loaned player. And his first game was exceptional, as Levante defeated Athletic Bilbao, sending the Granotas straight to the UEFA Europa League for the first time.
- Navas played three all-terrain seasons for Levante, earning the 2013-14 La Liga Best Goalkeeper at the LFP Awards during his third year with the team.
- He won the prize over Thibaut Courtois of Atletico Madrid and Willy Caballero of Malaga CF.
- Navas was also the La Liga Player of the Month, the first-ever goalkeeper to win the prize.
- He finished his second season in La Liga as the GK with the most saves, with 267.
Read our Free Football Betting Tips.
Keylor Navas Stats: World Cup 2014
- Keylor finished the 2014 World Cup as the least unbeaten GK, receiving just two goals during the tourney.
- Navas saved 21 of the 23 shots on target that he faced at the UEFA World Cup 2014 (91%).
- He was crucial for his team’s astonishing victories over Uruguay and Italy, and CR’s tie to England, sending a hopeful, yet boastful Tico squad to the next round.
- Navas continued to shine during the next phase vs Greece and the Netherlands, the latter who beat Costa Rica by a single penalty shot.
- He won the 2014 CONCACAF Player of the Year Award, the first Tico to ever do so.
- He was also declared the 2017 CONCACAF Player of the Year, thanks to his success with Real Madrid at the Champions League.
Keylor Navas Stats: Real Madrid
- Navas signed with Real Madrid for 10 million euros and six years after an impressive time with the Tricolor.
- On November 26, 2014, Keylor was given his UCL debut with Real Madrid, managing to keep a clean sheet during a 0-1 victory over FC Basel.
- He took the number one jersey from Iker Casillas just a year later.
- During the 2015-16 season, an admin error prevented Navas from getting transferred to Manchester United in exchange for David De Gea.
- He became the first Real Madrid goalkeeper to keep a clean sheet during his first 8 UEFA Champions League appearances.
- Navas also became the most consistent GK for the 2015-16 UCL, with only 3 goals conceded in 12 appearances, for a total of 9 clean sheets.
- He won the 2016-17 La Liga title with the Merengues.
- He also became the first Tico to play 100 La Liga games.
- The third UCL title for Navas was special: he claimed 100 victories with Real Madrid in just 141 appearances.
- One of his finest UCL games ever was during the semi-final vs Bayern Munich. He finished that game with 8 saves, his best knock-out stage performance at this European competition.
- He received the 2017-18 UEFA Champions League Goalkeeper of the Season honors. Navas defeated Gianluigi Buffon of Juventus and Alisson Becker of Roma.
- On January 9, 2019, he played his 150th game with Real Madrid, in all competitions.
- A few months later, on April 6, 2019, he also became the first non-Spanish GK to make it to 100 La Liga matches for the Merengues.
- Keylor Navas won three consecutive Champions League trophies as the starter goalkicker with one of the best UCL Real Madrid squads, ever.
Keylor Navas Stats: Paris Saint-Germain
- Navas signed for PSG on a 4-year deal on September 2, 2019.
- He kept a clean sheet during his debut, a 1-0 home victory over TC Strasbourg.
- The Tico won the 20th club trophy of his career on July 24, 2020, after his team defeated Saint-Etienne, getting PSG the Coupe de France title.
- Just a few days later, Navas got his second title as a player for Paris Saint-Germain. After a penalty-decision victory, PSG claimed the 2020 Coupe de la Ligue Final. And this allowed Navas to match Rafael Marquez’s record of 15 European trophies for a CONCACAF player.
- Navas lost his first Champions League final on August 23, 2020, after a 1-0 Bayern Munich victory over PSG.
When Was Keylor Navas Born?
- Keylor Navas was born on December 15, 1986
How Old Is Keylor Navas?
- Keylor Navas is currently 33 years old.
What Is Keylor Navas Market Value 2020?
- In 2020, Keylor Navas is valued at eight million euros.
The Tico always keeps a low profile and has earned himself a place among the best goalkeepers to ever play the game. If you enjoyed this Keylor Navas Stats piece, we invite you to check a story on the trendiest Costa Rica current news. Or also learn an easy Costa Rican Gallo Pinto recipe.