Please Bookmark This Page!
Business or personal, this exclusive premium guide is designed to offer you a deluxe custom-tailored experience in Costa Rica. Find basic info on the country, itinerary and reservation ideas, real estate essentials, and more.
No matter where you are in the world, this guide is ready to transform your vision of what good traveling and living in Costa Rica really means.
- Tamarindo Costa Rica Restaurants: Our Top 5 List
- Costa Rican Gallo Pinto Recipe: Learn To Cook It Now, Easy!
Costa Rica Provinces Info:
Let’s demistify Costa Rica, so your first adventure in the country goes as smoothly as your tenth trip, starting with info on each province:
- Puntarenas Province Costa Rica
- Guanacaste Province Costa Rica
- Alajuela Province Costa Rica
- Limon Province Costa Rica
- San Jose Province Costa Rica
- Cartago Province Costa Rica
- Heredia Province Costa Rica
Need to Know’s
- Currency: Costa Rican colón, US$ dollars (unofficial) everywhere.
- Language: Spanish and English
- Cash: ATM’s dispensing colones or dollars. Credit and debit cards accepted everywhere.
- Visas: Not required for 90-day stays or less; tourist cards are issued during inbound flights or at airport immigration.
- Mobile Phones: GSN, 3G, 4G systems available. Prepaid SIM cards are easy to find and cheap.
- Driving: Drive on the right of the road.
- Association of Residents of Costa Rica | ARCR
- Instituto Costarricense de Turismo | ICT 2299–5800
- The REAL Costa Rica
- The Tico Times
- United States Embassy. 2519–2000
When to visit
- High Season (December to April): Dry season with some rain. Beaches filled with domestic tourists.
A few places enforce 2, to 3-day minimum stays (but these can come with a great discount, especially now). We recommend you book accommodation in advance!
- Shoulder: (May to July, November): More rain, fewer tourists. An extra muddy off-the-beaten-track travel experience.
- Low season (August to October): Highest rainfall. No tourists, just surfers, attracted by the perfect conditions for this sport in the Pacific. Roads can be intransitive due to river crossings.
Costa Rica Traveling
Costa Rica Traveling: Business or pleasure, find info for everything here.
First, grab a Costa Rica Map.
Costa Rica Airport Information
- Aeropuerto Internacional Daniel Oduber Quirós. 2666–9600
- Aeropuerto Internacional Juan Santamaría. 2437–2400
Costa Rica Domestic And Charter Lines
- Aerobell Air Charter. Pavas 4000–2030 in Costa Rica
- Green Airways. 4070–0771 888/828–8471
- SANSA. 2290–4100 in Costa Rica 877/767–2672 in North America
- Skyway. 4010–0244 877/841–8330
Costa Rica Buses
Costa Rica Shuttle-Van Services
- Costa Rica Shuttle. 4000–1040 800/849–9403 in North America
- Gray Line. 2220–2126 800/719–3905 in North America
- Interbus. 4100–0888
Costa Rica Car Rental Info
Costa Rica Local Car Rental Agencies
- Economy. 877/326–7368 in North America 2299–2000 in Costa Rica
- Tricolor. 800/949–0234 in North America 2440–3333 in Costa Rica
- Vamos. 4000–0557 in Costa Rica 800/601–8806 in North America
Costa Rica Major Car Rental Agencies
- Alamo. 2242–7733 in Costa Rica 844/354–6962 in North America
- Avis. 2293–2222 in Costa Rica 800/633– 3469 in North America
- Budget. 2436–2018 in Costa Rica 800/218–7992 in North America
Best Things To Do in Costa Rica
Paradise beaches, serene rainforests, magical waterways, incredible wildlife, and stunning volcanoes, this is our guide to the best things to do in Costa Rica.
Do you want to spend Christmas at the beach? Or maybe a romantic weekend at a dreamy mountain destination? Check out our guides, they’ll make it happen. From the craziest to the most extravagant… Our travel guides can help you get the best and nothing less.
Exclusive Experiences in Costa Rica
Are you looking for an adventurous experience at an exotic destination? Or do you want to enjoy the most exclusive things life has to offer? How about both!
Get unrivaled access to the info leading you to exclusive, unforgettable experiences in Costa Rica.
From the unusual and out-of-the-way to the fascinating and mystic, we’re here to guide you on rare and unforgettable adventures cash simply can’t afford.
- Top Things To Do in Costa Rica
- Best Things To Do in Costa Rica: 2021 Ultimate Guide
- Top 10 Best National Parks in Costa Rica To Visit During Your Trip
- Costa Rica Surfing Experience: Cultural Capital, Flow Are “Pura Vida”
Best Costa Rica Travel Guides
Want to travel to dream destinations located all over Costa Rica? We can help you with the info to book a complete holiday for you and your companions, from start to finish.
Our guides offer a wealth of knowledge to help you book the best accommodation. Do you want to book a special holiday with your significant other or your family? Or perhaps you wish to book a business conference for decision-makers? Our travel guides have everything you need, and more.
- Best Costa Rica Travel Guide: 6 Awesome Trip Ideas And More
- Costa Rica Travel Tips: Best Things Do To in Costa Rica And More
- Best Pacific Coast Beaches in Costa Rica: Guanacaste And Puntarenas
Best Things To Do in Costa Rica: Top 10 Attractions
First in our guide of the Best Things To Do in Costa Rica, let’s check out the top 10 attractions:
- Tarrazú Coffee: Tarrazú’s high-altitude coffee is ranked among the world’s best. Take a trip south of San Jose, to Santa María de Dota, in the mountains, and experience an unforgettable plantation tour.
- Punta Uva: Warm, crystal-clear waters, perfect to swim the active coral reef.
- Tortuguero Canals: Take a solo canoe trip, and drift silently on a wonderful adventure through the narrow waterways from Tortuguero, filled with natural life, such as monkeys, caimans, iguanas, and more.
- San José Museums: Visit Museo del Oro Precolombino(No other museum in Central America has as many ancient gold artifacts), and Museo de Jade (The largest collection of New World jade objects).
- Manuel Antonio National Park: Best white-sand beaches inside a national park accessible to all the public.
- Canopy Tour: Experience a thrilling ride by zipping from platform to platform, getting a unique bird’s eye view of the tree canopy.
- Magnificent Quetzal: Experience the thrill of spotting one of the most elusive and magnificent birds in the western world, the green, stunning quetzal.
- Las Pailas Trail: Visit Rincon de la Vieja National Parl and experience an active volcano up close.
- Osa Peninsula: Adventure, wildlife, and stunning biodiversity in the remote southern Pacific: Everything the eco-friendly visitor comes to Costa Rica to find can be found here.
- Arenal Volcano: Visit picture-perfect Arenal is Costa Rica’s quintessential volcano and the surrounding, relaxing geothermal hot springs.
Top Things To Do in Costa Rica: Best Wildlife Viewing
- Corcovado National Park
- San Gerardo de Dota
- Monteverde Cloud Forest
- La Selva Biological Station
- Ostional Wildlife Refuge
- Tortuguero National Park
- Wilson Botanical Garden
Top Things To Do in Costa Rica: Best Beaches
Extensive beaches for swimmers, explosive waves for surfers, and extreme sea spots for divers…
- Punta Uva
- Playa Montezuma
- Manuel Antonio
- Playa Tamarindo
- Playa Hermosa
Top Things To Do in Costa Rica: Most Scenic Drives
- Ruta de Los Santos
- Braulio Carrillo Highway
- Orosí Valley
- Costanera Sur
- Puerto Jiménez to Carate
- Paso Real to San Vito
- The Pacific Coastal Path
Top Things To Do in Costa Rica: Best Hikes
- Chirripó National Park
- Rincón de la Vieja National Park
- Volcán Barva
- Corcovado National Park
- Carara National Park
Top Things To Do in Costa Rica: Cultural Bests
- Teatro Nacional
- Museo del Oro Precolombino
- Basílica de Nuestra Señora de los Angeles
- Guayabo National Monument
Costa Rica All Inclusive Resorts
If you’re after the Costa Rica all inclusive experience, here’s our list of the best resorts:
Best All Inclusive Resorts 5 Star Options
These are the top 10 Best All-Inclusive Costa Rica Beach Resorts:
- Riu Palace
- Riu Guanacaste
- Casa Conde
- Fiesta Resort
- Westin Playa Conchal
- Dreams Las Mareas
- Occidental Papagayo
- Occidental Tamarindo
- Villas Sol Hotel And Beach Resort
Top Luxury Hotels in Costa Rica
These are the top 10 Luxury Hotels in Costa Rica:
- Four Seasons
- The Springs
- Hacienda Altagracia
- Rio Perdido
- Punta Islita
- Ocho Artisan Bungalows
- Makanda By The Sea
- Los Altos
Moving To Costa Rica
Costa Rica Relocation: Moving can be stressful. So, allow us to help you coordinate and take care of all the moving process with one of our easy real estate guides.
We know that moving comes with its own degree of stress. So, at CostaRicaMas we want to remove that pressure from your mind. Using our relocation services definitely guarantees peace of mind.
- Buying Property in Costa Rica: Relocate, Rent, Sell | 101, Easy Guide
- Costa Rica Land for Sale: How to Buy Land And Build A House, 8 Steps
- Costa Rica Real Estate Guanacaste: Top 11 FAQ Answers List
Airbnb Costa Rica Home Management Info
Airbnb Costa Rica: Allow us to help you manage your Costa Rica vacation rental property in the best way. Everything related to your Airbnb Costa Rica home, we have a full guide to help you with:
- Airbnb Costa Rica: Run Successful Home Rental, 2 Easy Steps
- Costa Rica Vacation Rental Tips
- How To Become A Vacation Rentals Host: Info and Tips
- Vacation Rental Mistakes and Scams: Booking Errors, Fake Listings
Costa Rica Lodging and B&Bs Info
- Airbnb Costa Rica
- Vacation Rentals By Owner (VRBO)
- Costa Rica Beach Rentals. 8340–3842 973/917–8046 in North America
- Escape Villas Costa Rica. 6078–4297 888/818–2097 in North America
- Home Exchange.
- Villas & Apartments Abroad. 212/213–6435 in North America
- Costa Rica Innkeepers Association
If you enjoy the best things in life, we are going to become your preferred website!